Hi, I?m Jayden, a Chinese Language expert. I?m a Chinese who received Chinese education since young. I?ve been in overseas for years, and I?ve lots of foreign friends in Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Europe wanting me to teach them English, so I did.
The first question my students always ask me would be ?Is Chinese hard to learn? I would say ?YES, if you use the wrong method!?, so, for me, Chinese isn?t hard to learn at all, It?s just like when you first watch a magic trick, it?s amazing! But when you know the secret about it, you will be able to learn it very fast.
So how to start learning Chinese?
Actually learning Chinese and able to speak Chinese isn?t very hard. A few tips below will help improve your Chinese skills step by step.
- You need to find a motive why you want to learn chinese, and how long, how often you speak Chinese? E.g. : My colleague wanted to be a part time translator so he signed up for a Chinese course. My student had a Chinese girl friend and wanted to communicate with her and her parent in Asia. It all depends what motivates you to learn Chinese and always remember your motive.
- Use 20 minutes a day, to learn new words and practice the previous chapter, pronounce it out loud so you?ll remember them.
- Find a local group, or friends who are able to speak Chinese, go out with them more often and learn from them. You need a partner so you can improve your oral skills.
- Learn to speak and understand Chinese is easy, but writing and pronounce it accurately would be the harder part.
- There?s no faster way to master Chinese Language, because it has totally no connection with French, Italian or spanish. Chinese characters itself has more than 3000 kinds of it and each has its own meaning. Combining 2 character will form another meaning. If you wan to master Chinese language, go to the resource box below and you can find how to master them well.
Lastly, I wish you all the best in Learning Chinese